As you might know from my last post, I made various presentations today at the University of Reading Institute of Education about using ICT to teach history. I think it went well, and I’ll find out later when I see what feedback I got using a google form.
I had great help in preparing for this presentation from Ian (@yacapaca on twitter) and his colleagues at Yacapaca.com. One of the sessions involved the student teachers having a go at a mock up of an old style GCSE paper 2 that I’d made using yacapaca. I discovered last week that the links had stopped working. I mailed the support line at yacapaca. Not only was I given excellent advice, but then I received an email from Ian this morning:
Ed, you lucked out. My colleague Alex worked until 2am to fix the
files list in time for your presentation tomorrow. I’ve just checked
it, and it all works now.
Talk about service. To top it all off yacapaca raised a great deal of interest at the session. Thank you Ian (and Alex!)